Techniques and Special Effects!
There are many ways to do an image transfer and we're going to explore them all! Always exciting, always fun and a great way to discover how far you can push your imagination.
Every technique rewards us with its own quirks and qualities. What you'll find here are:
* Brief discussions about each technique, the supplies you'll need and the level of difficulty.
* What are the pitfalls or challenges involved in doing the technique? Will you like the results?
* Learn what surface is best for a particular technique. Sometimes there are limitations.
* Things to consider, like preparation time, the space you'll need, proper ventilation and so on.
* What are the tools and supplies you'll need to see the project through?
* And of course, all along I will give you little tips and reminders. And I'll address the "What went wrong" questions.
Listed below are the step-by-step techniques that I will be demonstrating some time in the near future. I'll also show you the resulting artwork from start to finish.
As I work, I will upload images. So if you get to a technique and there is no "end", it's because I'm still in the process mode. Bear with me....
-GELATIN PRINT - MONOTYPE
- POLYMER SKINS
- GEL SKINS
- HEAT TOOLS
- PACKING TAPE OR CONTACT PAPER
- PLASTIC FOOD WRAP
- AND MUCH MORE...
If you have any questions about image transfer techniques, contact me here.